I think I’ve been pretty darn good this year. If you need a breakdown of how my time has been spent over the past 12 months…ya know, for evaluation purposes, see below.
I’ve spent the 8,760 hours since last Christmas in the following manner.
3,695 hours at baseball tournaments—sitting/pacing/cheering/worrying/searching for the right field/standing in line at the concession stand/searching for a parking space/trying not to touch anything in the port-a-potty/rewetting FrogToggs/questioning the umpire’s vision/waiting for our next game to start/trying to decipher bracket postings
1,429 hours in the car—driving to and from tournaments/practices/lessons/workouts/fast food establishments (because there’s no time to cook)
927 hours sitting at practices and lessons—trying to make sure I’m watching at all the right times/listening to the coach’s directions (because I know my husband will ask me later, if he wasn’t there.)
763 hours scrubbing baseball pants—WHITE pants, mind you! Whose idea was it for baseball pants to be white? They’d better be getting coal for Christmas!!!
596 hours making arrangements for travel ball tournaments—hotel reservations/packing/lining up pet sitting/taking out personal loans/refinancing the house/cancelling non-baseball related vacation plans/explaining to relatives that we’re not in a cult
204 hours doing team fundraisers—attempting to sell Boston Butts to neighbors we’ve never met/washing strangers’ cars/begging local businesses for raffle prizes
83 hours searching for my son’s uniform cap that he lost somewhere between home and the Myrtle Beach Ripken Experience—before finally giving up and ordering another one.
So, as you can see, I haven’t exactly had time to be naughty. And although it may sound insane to some parents, I’ve loved almost every minute of this crazy life. (I get extra points for a good attitude, right?)
So, if it’s not too much to ask…here are a few things that this travel ball mom would LOVE to find under the Christmas tree this year…or at least near it (due to size).
1.For traveling in baseball style.
2. Size 9, please!
3. New stemware, a set of six would be perfect.
4. Something pretty for the porch, (since I can’t keep any other kind of flowers alive because I’m always at tournaments.)
7. The perfect tournament tank top. (Goes well with most team colors.)
8. This is really more for Travel Ball Dad. (I’m thoughtful that way.)
9. I’ve had it with being cold and wet at tournaments. These sport pods are a great idea.
10. If this isn’t the cutest cap ever!!!
11. I’ll take that with a “W,” please and thank you.
12. Either one of these cute headbands…or both–for summer and winter.
13. A cooler with speakers. Refreshing and entertaining.
Well, that’s pretty much it for now, Santa. Please note that I may be adding more items over the next 24 days. I did mention being really good this year, right?
Latest posts by angelaweight (see all)
- Is a Car Wash the Best Place to Clean Baseball Pants? - March 23, 2017
- Smart and Tasty Snack Ideas for the Ball Field - March 22, 2017
- College Recruiting: Demystifying the Process and Understanding the Timeline - March 19, 2017